Social Media Marketing for the Web is a Business/Computer course that is available for Fall 2014 registration at St. Charles Community College. With a plethora of knowledge at your disposal, Professor Ken Tucker will guide individuals of any generation through the process of branding a business using social media.
Social Media Marketing is defined as marketing done through social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and etc.
The following is a list of general objectives for the classroom:
- Learn how social media plays a role in creating a web presence
- Learn how search engine optimization plays a role in creating a web presence
- Learn about Content Strategy & Inbound Marketing
- Learn the key components on on-page and off-page search engine optimization
- Examine how other businesses have effectively used Social Media Marketing
- Learn how to implement a Social Media Strategy
- Learn how to implement a Search Engine Optimization strategy
- Focus on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Blogging, Goggle+, Foursquare, Yelp, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Hootsuite
While learning the importance of these objectives, the class will also be engaging in other activities and skills needed to work in a business environment.
Learning and understanding the use of primary tools to effectively use these social media platforms will be a must.
Student will be able to receive advice on how to solve simple problems dealing anywhere from web-etiquette to design defects.
There are many reasons for getting involved in branding a business through social media sites. It has become essential to the survival and success of any business. Innovative ways to market a business are a result of education. The more an individual understands, the better equipped they are to sway the power of online and social visibility.
*Comment/Suggestion/Feedback always welcomed!