For a moment in time, social marketing was once a huge, untapped venue where businesses could go to connect with customers on a personal level in real-time. As it still creates huge opportunity, it is no longer untapped, every one knows the secret. The world of social marketing in business is increasingly competitive, making companies look for innovative strategies to rise above the bare backgrounds and give a reason for their target audience to listen. The solution to the problem at hand: Slideshare.
Slideshare is an internet-based, slide hosting service allowing users to upload presentation in multiple formats such as: PowerPoint, PDF, KeyNote or OpenDocument, etc.
Some individuals have compared Slideshare to the likes of YouTube, saying Slideshare is for slide presentations what YouTube is for videos. If so, Slideshare holds a massive marketing opportunity.
One might ask, “How can Slideshare assist with social marketing?”
Slideshare, obviously can make for an excellent market venue for many reasons. There are 60 million unique visitors every month to Slideshare, that an enormous potential audience. Demographics of Slideshare show that it boasts a high proportion of B2B users who are seeking high quality content for business reasons.
Individuals are able to make content widely accessible and searchable due to the tag search system. Slideshare also tracks data with its analytics, providing information about most popular presentations.
The data for Slideshare can be presented in attractive ways, such as the use of basic images, audio, and all out video. It’s easy to upload these slide files and automatically formats such files thanks to the feature from Slideshare.
Like almost all other social media platforms, Slideshare allows users to connect with one another. Users can subscribe to accounts, in many cases beginning a lasting relationship and bringing them one step closer to being customers or business partners. Slideshare also easily integrates with other social media sites, making it easier to connect with existing contacts from other social networking sites.
6 Insightful Marketing Tips For Slideshare:
- Write an attention getting title
- Make your presentation cover slide shine
- Promote your content outside of Slideshare
- Optimize Slideshare content across the sales cycle
- Collaborate with thought leaders in your industry
- Try to grace the front page of Slideshare by becoming a featured presentation
*Comments are always welcomed and appreciated!
- Slideshare: Content Marketing’s Happy Medium
- Slideshare for Business: Tips and Tricks for Success
- Why Slideshare Must be a Marketing Channel in Your Social Strategy
- Unleash Your Slideshare Marketing Ninja: 10 Ways To Promote Your Slideshare & Generate Leads (Part 2)