Social media and marketing experts are rolling with excitement after Twitter‘s new release of Vine, a social sharing platform using video clips. Within a month of its launch, Vine was already declared as the next big tool for digital media marketing.
Twitter’s visual challenge is that of Vine, the new video app acquired by the company in October 2012, was launched in January 2013. This platform has captured the imagination of many social media and marketing specialists.
Anne Handley called Vine, “simple, stupid, and brilliant.”
Jay Baer of Convince and Convert doesn’t believe that Vine is a suitable form of content marketing for businesses due to its lack of editing power, or to sandbox a few videos before publishing directly to Vine.
Another shortcoming of Vine is the search capability of being able to find videos that have been created. Now websites such as VineRoulette, JustVined, and Cats on Vine enable individuals to look through galleries of Vine videos easily.
Even though there are skeptics for using Vine as a digital media marketing tool, there are just as many that believe it to be of much importance. There are many reasons why Vine can be a better marketing tool than the usual YouTube video. Following is a list of benefits when using Vine for marketing:
- Ease of Sharing: 92% of mobile video viewers share video content, and Vine makes it easy to record and post quickly to the vine network.
- Short & Funny Clips Rule: While Vine is just six seconds in length, the story must be told quickly by the individual. This shortness creates users to focus on high emotion and to rely more on comedic acts to gain attention.
- Immediacy: Some venues that take place are perfect for Vine, such as designers and editors posting promotional videos to Vine.
- How-To Teasers: Some of the most interesting Vines are the ones that race through a task, such as making a sandwich, or cleaning a room. Many videos incorporate images of branded products, making Vine an essential promotional tool.
- Behind-the-Scenes Video: Businesses always want to do business with real people, no robots or computers. So Vine videos are a great way to show your customers who is actually behind the scenes at your company. Introducing staff members of your team or company, shows individuals the personality of the business.
Many companies such as Lowes, Bacardi Rum, and 20th Century Fox have turned to Vine as a digital media marketing tool.
*Comments/Suggestions are always welcomed!
- How Marketing on Vine Can Help Your Business
- Digital Marketin on a Vine-Twitter’s New Video Venue
- 4 Ways to Use Vine for Marketing