People from all over world have joined the tech-savy craze that we’re currently taking apart of, joining destinations from far and wide together, through the use of social media platforms. The talk is always centered on the marketers and businesses that get involved in social media.The goal is to remember it’s for the consumers, the individual users.
There are numerous reasons to get involved in this growing career field. Having a better understanding of why people love and use these sites in their daily lives.
Following are general reasons individuals are drawn to these sites:
- People Desire Community: Social media allows people to be a part of community, never dictated by space or location, and are relatively non-exclusive. Individuals may even be apart of multiple communities.
- People Desire To Extend Community: Many of our “real world” communities also exist online. By using social media, individuals have the ability to stay connected to their communities even when not physically together.
- People Desire To Move Beyond Isolation: Critics say that because of the digital age, we are sitting in front of our computer screens, isolated from everyone. Even if true, social media allows people various levels of social interaction.
- People Desire To Connect & Reconnect: Social media platforms have given individuals the tools and venue to re-connect with people they went to school with or worked with in the past. Many rewarding relationships can be made through these sites.
- People Desire To Be Involved In More Cause & Activities: It helps people find new interests, while realizing that they might not be alone in their love of a particular topic or hobby. Plus, it gives people the opportunity to discover events in local communities.
- People Desire To Be “Insiders”: Social media gives us the chance to be “insiders” with businesses and organizations we might not have access to previously. If individuals are actively involved with a company via social media, there is a chance of becoming that “insider”.
- People Desire For Own Voice: It is an instant voice, through social media people can say what they want with the possibility of being heard.
- People Desire An Even Playing Field: When an individual interacts with others and businesses online, it doesn’t matter who they are or how their appearance is.
- People Desire A Chance To Succeed: Information can quickly be shared and spread about individual endeavors, social media has shown it’s a fantastic tool for facilitating the success of the little guy.
With the majority of audiences spending substantial amounts of time on social media platforms, the opportunities seem endless. Sound like something you would like to be apart of? If yes, click below!
- 5 Reasons Why Digital Marketing Will Thrive In The Recession
- The Future Of Marketing – Five Reasons Why Digital Marketing Is Important
- 11 Reasons Why People Love And Use Social Media
- 5 Reasons A Career In ecommerce Is Hot Right Now